Strawberry cake is loved by most children. Follow this recipe and bake your own strawberry cake at home. Our chef Vijay Bacche has shared this easy Strawberry Cake Recipe, it’s one of his favorites recipes.
Step by step guide to bake your perfect Strawberry Cake
Strawberry Cake Recipe
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Baking soda one pinch
- Half cup butter
- Half cup White Sugar
- Half tsp Vanilla Essence
- ¼ cup water
- ½ Cup Sugar Syrup
- 1 Cup Strawberry Crush
- 3 Cup Chilled Cream
- ¼ Cup Icing Sugar
- A few drops of strawberry essence
- Strawberries for garnishing
- Sieve Maida (all purpose flour), Baking Soda & baking powder twice to ensure even mixing.
- Whip eggs and let it rest.
- Then in a bowl beat butter and add sugar, beaten eggs, lastly essence.
- Add all purpose flour and water to the above batter one tbsp at a time quantity.
- After adding all the flour to the batter, mix it well.
- Now your batter is ready to go in oven.
- Preheat the oven 180 degree.
- Grease the cake mould with butter and dust 1 teaspoon all purpose flour (maida) and add the batter, spread equally.
- Bake this cake on 180 degree for 40 minutes in oven or until the toothpick inserted inside comes out clean.
- Your cake is ready to decorate.
- Take the cream and sugar in a bowl and beat it with electric mixer till it gets foamed and add drop of strawberry essence for extra flavor. If you don’t have electric mixer you can use beater.
- Do not whip it more or it will turn to the butter..
- When the cake cools down remove its top crust & divide it into 3 equal layers.
- Now apply sugar syrup and on every layer. It helps to moisture the cake.
- Now take one layer of cake and spread strawberry crush followed by whipped cream on it.
- Put the second layer of cake on this and repeat the same.
- Now put final layer of cake and apply whipped cream all over the cake neatly.
- You can make designs or flowers with the piped cream and nozal.
- Garnish it with sliced strawberries pieces on top and stick on sides of the cake.
Tip: Take a spoon full of whipped cream into it and turn it down if it is fixed to spoon then you icing is ready.
Tip: When applying cream dip your knife in cold water and then use, it will give you best effect to spread it smoothly and evenly.
Bake Strawberry Cake for Birthday
Strawberry cakes go down very fast on kid’s birthday parties, so make sure you bake a big enough cake! If you are short of time then you can easily arrange an online cake delivery . Most Cake shops in Mumbai and other cities sell strawberry cake, some of them even have online cake shop from where you can order strawberry cake. Let us know how you got on with the recipe. For other cake recipes follow our blog.