Mexican Paste is a soft fondant type paste ideal for cutting out shapes and modeling. It is better than fondant or flower paste in that it does not stretch or lose it’s shape when transferring the cut out shapes to the drying board.
IngredientsFor Mexican Paste Recipe
- 225g Icing Sugar
- 15g Gum Tragacanth
- 30ml Cold Water
MethodFor Mexican Paste Recipe
1. Place the Icing Sugar and Gum Tragacanth into a clean, grease free bowl and mix together.
2. Add the cold water and stir until it becomes crumbly yet damp enough to bind together.
3. Turn it out onto your work surface and knead until pliable.
4. Wrap in cling film, place in an airtight container and leave for 24 hours at room temperature.
5. Your paste will now feel very firm.
6. Knead the required amount between your palms.
7. Continue kneading until the paste has softened and ready to use.
Mexican Modelling Paste is perfect for models where a good, strong finish is required.
This recipe is courtesy of our Chef at Indian Bakers. You can order online cakes from our website and get them delivery over 70 cities across India. For cake options visit our Online Cake Delivery Website.
You Might Also Like - Pastillage Paste Recipe