IngredientsFor Marzipan Recipe
- 1 lb almond paste
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
MethodFor Marzipan Recipe
1. Coarsely chop up the almond paste with a knife until it is in small quarter-size chunks, and place the almond paste in the bowl of a large stand mixer.
2. Add the powdered sugar to the mixing bowl and mix them together on low speed with the paddle attachment until the almond paste has broken down and everything has a fine, sandy texture.
3. With the mixer running on low, slowly add the egg whites until everything comes together in a ball in the mixer. You may find that you do not need to add all of the egg whites.
4. Once the marzipan has formed a ball, take it out of the mixer, dust a work station with powdered sugar, and knead the marzipan until it is completely smooth and has a nice, pliable texture.
5. You can use the marzipan immediately, or wrap it up for later use. To store it, wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and then place it in a zip-top plastic bag. Marzipan will keep for 3 months in the refrigerator or up to 6 months in the freezer. Make sure to bring marzipan to room temperature before using it.Tip :
You can use vanilla seed to give the Marzipan a nice flavor.
This recipe is courtesy of our Chef at Indian Bakers . You can order online cakes from our website and get them delivery over 70 cities across India . To Order Cake Online in India visit our website today!
You Might Also Like - Mexican Paste Recipe