Enjoy this scrumptious carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Very rich and delicious! For the health conscious you can enjoy this cake without the cream cheese frosting. Nutmeg give a distinct flavor to the recipe. If you don’t like nutmeg then cinnamon powder goes well with carrot cake.
Make this carrot cake for your party and impress your guests.
IngredientsFor Carrot Cake
- 1 tin Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 100 gram butter
- 200 gram maida / all purpose flour
- 1 cup (150ml) Aerated Soda
- 3 Cups grated carrots
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 packet cream cheese
- ¾ cup butter
- 2 ½ cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
MethodFor Carrot Cake
- Sift all purpose flour / maida, baking powder, baking soda & nutmeg powder twice.
- Preheat oven on 180 degree C, and grease tin of 8” diameter with butter and flour.
- Dust carrots with 2 tbsp flour to prevent them for sitting at the bottom.
- Soften butter and add sweetened condensed milk and mix well.
- Add 2 tbsp flour to condensed milk batter and mix well, then add some aerated soda and mix again repeat this till flour and soda are used up.
- Now add dusted carrots to the cake batter.
- Pour the batter into greased cake tin and bake in preheated oven on 180 degree C for 40-45 minutes or till the toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Remove cake from tin and allow it to cool on wire rack.
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed until creamy..
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla essence and beat again until smooth..
- When cake cools down remove the top crust & cut into 3 equal layers horizontally.
- For moisture the cake apply sugar syrup on every layer.
- Take one layer and apply frosting.
- Now put second layer on it and repeat the same.
- Put the final layer on it and apply cream cheese on sides and top equally.
- You can garnish it with grated carrot or cake crust.
Enjoy the yummy carrot cake. Do let us know how you got on with the baking. We have other cake recipes on our blog at http://blog.indianbakers.com/category/recipes/
Can’t Bake Order Party Cakes Online
If you are running short of time for baking cake your special occasion, why not give us a try. We have a wide selection of party cakes. You can also order special occasion cakes for events like birthdays anniversaries and so on. We also offer free birthday cake delivery all over India.