Black forest cake is one of the most ordered special cakes on our online website. Black forest cake is creamy and quite rich and goes well for Birthday’s, Anniversary or any special occasion you are celebrating. This is the safest cake to gift as most people enjoy the creamy chocolate flavor.
Here is an easy Black Forest Cake recipe to try at home. Kids love baking cakes, get your child involved while baking this special Cake.
IngredientsFor Chocolate Sponge Cake
- 1 ½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ¾ Coco Powder
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- ¾ Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of salt (Optional)
- 3 Cup Cream Chilled
- ½ Cup Icing Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- Sugar Syrup
- Chocolate Bar
MethodFor Chocolate Sponge Cake
- Sieve all purpose flour, coco powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt (optional) in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Take Sugar in another bowl and break 3 egg in that.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg batter one tbsp at a time with continuous mixing.
- After adding all the flour to the batter, mix it well.
- Grease the mould with butter and dust 1 tsp flour on it.
- Now transfer the chocolate cake batter to the greased cake mould.
- Bake this at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes.
- After baking let it cool down.
Tip : You can increase the coco powder quantity if you wish make the black forest cake look dark and rich.
- Take the cream and sugar in a bowl and whip it with hand mixer till it gets foamed and add Vanilla essence for flavor. If you don’t have hand mixer you can use beater.
- Do not whip it more or it will turn to the butter.
- Now remove top crust of the cake & divide it into 3 equal layers.
- Now apply sugar syrup on every layer. It helps to moisture the cake.
- Now take one layer of cake and apply whipped cream.
- Now place another layer of cake and repeat the same.
- Finally place the third layer of cake and apply whipped cream all over the cake.
- Make design or flowers with piped whipped cream and nozels.
- Now garnish with grated chocolate or make curls of it with the potato peeler and add it on the top and cake sides.
- Place cherries on it.
- Your yummy Black Forest cake it ready.
Tip: Take a spoon full of whipped cream into it and turn it down if it is fixed to spoon then you icing is ready.
Hope you enjoyed baking the Black Forest Cake. Do let us know how you got on! If you found this recipe useful, please forward it other baking enthusiasts and follow us on Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter to get more interesting recipes.
Cakes and Flowers Make a Great Gift!
So if you are looking to surprise your loved one with an online cake delivery, have a look at our special cakes for Bangalore.